Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Update!

I've been so busy! I've been creating a program for reluctant writers as well as a program for kids who love to write. Then there's the work I do in conjunction with our elementary school and Barnes & Noble. Not to mention tutoring and my own writing.

The KidWrite program now has two sections. KidWrite! Junior is for 2/3 grades and KidWrite! is for grades 4/5. The Fairy Tale introduction to plot and structure is working very well. For the older kids we do that and then take a look at a well-known story through the POV of a minor character. The kids are loving that!

My novel writers are engaged in discussions about archetypes and the hero's journey. My poets are working hard to evoke an image or sensory experience rather than scrunched over rhyming dictionaries.

I have an article on Suite 101 about transforming kids into writers. Check it out when you get a chance.

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment